KIM Jong-un has released a propaganda video showing a US aircraft carrier being blown up and a bomber shot down in flames.
Snaps from the secretive state’s recent ballistic missile launches are shown alongside the haunting message: “A knife will be stabbed into the throat of the carrier.”
The shocking video goes on to declare: “The bomber will fall from the sky after getting hit by a hail of fire.”
Footage also shows the USS Carl Vinson nuclear-powered aircraft carrier up in flames.
MOST READ IN NEWS
KIM BOMB UN
Kim Jong-Un vows to reduce US ‘to ashes’ with nukes if Donald Trump fires ‘a single bullet’ at North Korea
HE’S BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY
Donald Trump slams North Korea’s Kim Jong-un for ‘acting very badly’ after testing new rocket
Unsuspecting couples caught romping on CCTV in passage behind Sunderland nightclub become viral hit
‘I HEARD TERRIBLE WAILING’
Chilling moment mum screams in street after discovering baby boy ‘bludgeoned to death’
WILLS’ MODEL FOUND HARRY HOTTER
Prince William’s sexy ski dancer Sophie Taylor lusted after brother Harry in school, friends reveal
It comes after a statement earlier this month warned Donald Trump of nuclear destruction if America fires “even a single bullet” towards Pyongyang.
The statement said: “The Korean People’s Army will reduce the bases of aggression and provocation to ashes with its invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads and reliably defend the security of the country and its people’s happiness in case the US and the South Korean puppet forces fire even a single bullet at the territory of the DPRK.”
The menacing talk came as South Korea warned that its northern neighbour’s latest rocket-engine test showed “meaningful” progress.
The North’s KCNA news agency said on Sunday the engine would help the country achieve world-class satellite-launch capability – indicating a new type of rocket engine for an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Lee Jin-woo, deputy spokesman for the South Korean defence ministry, said: “Through this test, it is found that engine function has made meaningful progress but further analysis is needed for exact thrust and possible uses.”
North Korea has declared it is not scared of recent US threats of possible pre-emptive military action to stop its nuclear build-up.
State-run North Korean media reported that the country’s despotic leader had hailed the test as “a new birth” of its rocket industry.
US President Donald Trump told reporters he held meetings on North Korea during the weekend at his Florida resort.
While he did not refer specifically to the rocket-engine test, he said Kim Jong-un was “acting very, very badly”.
North Korea’s Kim Jong Un says engine test is ‘new birth’ of rocket industryTrump and members of his administration have been talking tough on North Korea since the Republican took office back in January.
Last week, the president’s Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced the “policy of strategic patience” was over and refused to rule out military action.
He said: “The diplomatic and other efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to a point of de-nuclearisation have failed. So we have 20 years of a failed approach.
“And that includes a period in which the US provided $1.35billion (£1.08billion) in assistance to North Korea as an encouragement to take a different pathway.”
He added: “If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level we believe requires action that option is on the table.”
Meanwhile, fearing imminent attack, Japan has begun staging mass evacuation drills.
The first exercise of its kind saw civilians young and old scrambling for cover as air-raid sirens wailed.
It is not the first time North Korea has released a video threatening the US.
In 2013 a similar video was made showing a nuclear attack on the White House.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 782 4368