By HNN Staff| April 9, 2020 at 10:23 PM HST – Updated April 9 at 10:23 PM
HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) – There was a hefty donation of pizzas in Mapunapuna on Thursday.
The delicious giveaway was organized by the Ohana Baptist Church in partnership with Papa John’s Pizza — and the community response was overwhelming.
Initially, the church planned to give away some 400 large pizzas to families impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
“In the first five hours, we had our 400 (orders) filled, so Papa John’s again generously agreed to increase it another 200,” Ohana Baptist Church Pastor Wayne Surface said.
“People are very excited and very appreciative and thanked us for it, and it’s been very good. We’re hoping they’ll pass it on to their neighbors and others in their community as well,” he added.
About 120 of the pizzas were donated to three hospitals one one health clinic.
Copyright 2020 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved. TOP ARTICLES1/5READ MOREForecast: Light winds to hold through the weekendSponsored Stories
- [Gallery] Everyone Stopped To Laugh At These Absurd Airport Pickup SignsHistory A2Z
- This Company Has Found a Radically New Way to Protect Your Gutters! Read More!leaffilterguards.com
- Avoid Grammatical Errors with This Helpful Browser ExtensionGrammarly
- Before you renew Amazon Prime, read thisWikibuy
- If Your Dog Eats Dry Food, Do This EverydayUltimate Pet Nutrition
- Student loan debt? Here’s some great news.NerdWallet